Pictured above (L to R): Jamie Cole, CFO & Office Manager; Barbara Karnitz, Support Staff; Al Karnitz, President; Allan Karnitz, Outside Sales/PR & Estimator; Vince DeSilva, Sr. Vice President, Member Services with the Gwinnett Chamber.
Ace Truck Body & Trailer Repair, Inc. was founded in 1981 by Al Karnitz. Located in Norcross, Al saw the need, 34 years ago, for a heavy truck and trailer repair shop that offered full service engine repair, including paint booths, tractor cab repairs and trailer repairs. Mobile units are also available to provide on-site repairs for customers.
Over time, the company has become a 7- figure, family-run business. Eldest son, Guy, is the General Manager. Son, Allan and grandson, Devon do outside sales and estimating as well as public relations.
Beyond Ace’s strong company background, our customer base has provided the Company with stability and growth in its 34-year life span. Our work force has grown from four employees to 47 employees. We value our customers and treat them fairly by providing reasonable prices, quick turnaround on service and constant communications. As a result, Ace has customers who have been with us since the beginning and, that’s quite a track record. The Company’s mission statement reflects its feeling of obligation to its customers” You had a choice and you chose us”.
Al Karnitz has given back to the community through many leadership roles in community organizations. Among them are:
- Member Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce for 20+ years
- Former Member Chamber Chairman’s Club
- Norcross Downtown Development Authority
- Norcross Planning and Appeals Board
- Past President of South Gwinnett Rotary
- Coordinator of S. Gwinnett Rotary and Corley Elementary Partnership
- Past Winner of Several Pinnacle Awards
- Twice Nominated and Selected as the Top Five Businesses in Gwinnett for the years 2000 and 2006