Congratulations to Bob Lamp’l, owner of Business Plans & More, the recipient of the January 2013 Small Business of the Month.
More about Bob Lamp’l, M.B.A., C.Q.P.A.:
- Bob was born in Miami Florida and moved to the Atlanta area in 1977.
- He is a graduate of Florida State University and went on to get his Masters Degree in Accounting and Finance while in Georgia at Brenau College, graduating with a 4.0 GPA.
- In the Corporate environment, his titles included Regional Controller, VP of Finance, and Treasurer of several prestigious firms in the areas of Manufacturing, Transportation, Telecommunications, and Property Management (He left these firms when they wanted him to transfer to other cities because he wanted to stay in Atlanta)
- He founded Accounting Business Center, Inc. on January 1st of 2000 and was the first company to join the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce in March, 2000 in their new (and current) location (He dissolved this company in December, 2012)
- He founded Business Plans & More, Inc. in January of 2008, merging most of his Accounting Business Center, Inc. operations into this company and built this new company around his very successful business plans, finishing its 5th year this December
- He has previously served as President for the North Gwinnett Business Association and past Treasurer for the Suwanee Business Alliance
- He serves on the Board of Directors of the Georgia Association of Accountants and Tax Professionals and is a State of Georgia Past-President for this organization.
- He is a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor (C.Q.P.A.)
- He is an Ambassador for the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce (top 3 in country), having been a Mentor Ambassador since the beginning of the Ambassador program
- He also serves/has served on the Board of Directors for numerous other companies here in Atlanta (both for profit and not for profit companies).
In his spare time, he is:
- Married to his wife Kathy (on 8/21/71)
- Father to two grown children and has two grandchildren
- A member of two professional music organizations (Northwinds Symphonic Band (13+ Years) and just retired from the Atlanta Sacred Chorale (after 18+ Years))
- A composer of music and conductor for other music groups
- Very active in his church and other charitable organizations.
I have always taken a personal interest in local charities and have donated numerous Business Plans, hundreds of hours of donated services, or cash donations to them. Some of these charities known to the Chamber include:
- Foster Children’s Foundation (during their organizational stage)
- Turn Around Coaching
- Win for Wyn Foundation
- Manna Fund
- Gwinnett Great Days of Service
- North Gwinnett High School DECA organization (Advisory Board member)
- Plus many more outside of the Chamber.
- I donate at least one full Business Plan a year to a Chamber member in an effort to help their aspiring start-up get started properly.
- I also have spent hours coaching direct competitors of mine, in an effort to get them plugged into the Chamber or help them to be successful in their own business.
- I am 100% committed to the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, knowing how much they support their members, to give them the means and the tools to help them grow their business. This is the reason I do everything I can to give back to the Chamber and its members, so that I can help the members realize the full value of their Chamber membership.