Crystal Collection’s founder, Shelly Bloom, has been collecting art glass, art deco bronzes, serigraphs and glass for many years. Her interest in discovering new, unique and exciting contemporary glass artists led to the creation of Crystal Collection in 1996. Soon after, she started designing her own line of glass gifts. Clients commission her to create customized items to use as personal or corporate gifts, awards, or home decor accents. She has traveled to the Czech Republic searching for glass artists who produce unique glass items. She is currently designing a new product to be produced in 2014.
In 2007, Bloom started producing the crystal sculpture given as the award on a nationally televised Hollywood award show.
Shelly truly believes in giving back to the community in a variety of ways including:
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO): Lifetime Member, SE National Director for 4 years, local president for two years.
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce Ambassador.
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce: Working with Stephanie Sokenis, Director Small Business Development, to assist small businesses seeking funding by writing an effective business plan.
- Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer: Co-Chair volunteers, 3 years. Walker, 4 years. Crew, 2 years. Manager retail store, 3 years. Fundraiser.
- Northeast Atlanta Metro Association of Realtors (NAMAR): Community Service Chair, 2 years.
- Paint Georgia Pink (Local breast cancer organization) Walked and raised money, 3 years.
- Avon 3 Day Walk for Breast Cancer (60 mile walk): walked twice and raised money.
- Atlanta Jewish Film Festival: Volunteer, 7 years
- Hosea Feed the Hungry: Volunteer, 3 years