Recognizing leading individuals and organizations making a significant impact in Gwinnett County and metro Atlanta’s healthcare industry, the Gwinnett Chamber honored nearly 75 finalists at the December 13 Healthcare Awards, presented by Northeast Georgia Health System.
“Superior healthcare is one of the most important factors in defining a community’s quality of life,” said Dr. Dan Kaufman, President & CEO of the Gwinnett Chamber. “In addition to a personal impact on the residents of our great community, readily available state-of-the-art healthcare is an important strategic tool for attracting companies to locate in or expand and invest in Gwinnett County.”
The Healthcare Awards program is the Gwinnett Chamber’s commitment to paying tribute to those who are leading the way through innovation, patient and family care, philanthropic efforts, volunteerism and wellness.
Recipients are as follows:
· Allied Health Professional – Amy Wellington, PT, Peachtree Orthopedics
· Altruistic Leader – Dorothy Rainey, Gwinnett Medical Center Foundation
· Community Wellness – Live Healthy Gwinnett, Gwinnett County Department of Community Services
· Corporate Achievement – Gwinnett Medical Center’s Graduate Medical Education Program
· Executive Administrator – Thomas Morris, Eastside Medical Center
· Healthcare Agency – Georgia Campus – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
· Healthcare Professional – Larry Connelly, M. Div., BCC, Peachtree Christian Hospice
· Physician of the Year – Dentist – Matt Mazzawi, DMD, Mazzawi Family Dentistry
· Physician of the Year – Primary Care – Arif Patni, DO, Northeast Georgia Physicians Group
· Physician of the Year – Specialist – Miles Mason, III, MD, Gwinnett Medical Center
· Volunteer Service – Philip R. Wolfe, Gwinnett Medical Center