The Gwinnett Chamber honored nearly 75 finalists and 13 recipients, on Tuesday, December 12, at its annual Healthcare Awards. The ceremony, held at the Infinite Energy Forum, recognized leading individuals and organizations making a significant impact in Gwinnett County and metro Atlanta’s healthcare industry. Designations raise awareness and provide examples of best practices to emulate, while enhancing the quality of care.
“Access to high-caliber healthcare is imperative to the success of a community,” said Dr. Dan Kaufman, President & CEO of the Gwinnett Chamber. “We are fortunate to have readily available advanced options for our residents that also enhance our economic development efforts to make the area attractive for investment.”
Category winners include:
• Allied Health – TC Parker, CST, BS, FAST, Gwinnett Technical College
• Altruistic Contributor – Pamela Kramer, Eastside Medical Center
• Community Wellness – Dr. Marcus Sims, FACC, FSCAI, Eastside Heart and Vascular
• Corporate Innovation – Gwinnett Medical Center’s Sports Medicine & Concussion Care-a-Van
• Distinguished Leader – Mike Levengood, Gwinnett Medical Center
• Emerging Executive – Derek Singleton, View Point Health
• Healthcare Agency – View Point Health
• Healthcare Professional – Dr. Matthew Goldstein, FACEP, Eastside Medical Center
• Lasting Legacy – Dr. Laurence Lesser
• Physician of the Year – Dentist – Dr. Scott Carter, Carter Family Dentistry
• Physician of the Year – Primary Care – Dr. John West, FAAFP, Eastside Family Medicine
• Physician of the Year – Specialist – Dr. Michael Kissel, New London Anesthesia & Pain Consultants at Eastside Medical Center
• Volunteer Service – Jay Dennard, Gwinnett Medical Center
For more information, visit GwinnettHealthcareAwards.com.
About the Gwinnett Chamber
The Gwinnett Chamber serves as a conduit for businesses, facilitating quality job growth opportunities while enhancing the community’s vitality and quality of life. The Chamber offers the metro Atlanta business community a wealth of growth opportunity by collaborating with regional partners to drive economic and community development initiatives throughout Georgia. Through its fundamental objectives to help create quality jobs and wealth, strengthen the community and grow business, the Chamber serves more than 2,000 member companies in metro Atlanta while delivering innovative programs to connect businesses locally, regionally and globally.