The Gwinnett Chamber is expanding our Membership Development team. Individuals must have 3+ years experience in sales and be willing to work in a very fast paced environment. The job would involve working with businesses in the Metro Atlanta area to help them grow their network by getting them engaged as members of the Gwinnett Chamber. The compensation offers a draw vs. commission structure along with a full benefit package.
The Membership Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for growing the Gwinnett Chamber’s membership base through recruitment of new companies which involves developing and implementing strategies for building relationships and developing systems for identifying new members. The MDM role is a highly visible role within the community and must be someone who is comfortable speaking in front of large groups of members and prospects.
- Recruitment of new members through strategic sourcing inclusive but not limited to the following tools:
- New business licenses
- Cold calling
- Weblink (proprietary Gwinnett Chamber database)
- Account management
- Social networking
- Chamber assisted leads
- Cultivating current Chamber relationships to strengthen their position within the Gwinnett Chamber
- Ability to reach and build rapport with decision makers and CEOs and to make high volume sales calls
- Skilled in listening, questioning and solution based selling.
- Preparation of weekly reporting for the Senior Vice President, Membership Services
- Identify and sell sponsorship to current members who would be interested in Gwinnett Chamber events to further brand their company position within the community
- Assist in the formal process of ribbon cuttings and ground breakings for members
- Initiative innovative strategies to develop new program offerings for members
- Act as Chamber liaison in leading our weekly leads networking group (Gwinnettworking)
- Welcome and assimilate new members during monthly New Member Orientation
- Participate in monthly Business After Hours to be held at different location within county each month
- Team up with Business Development Managers from Partnership Gwinnett to educate current and prospective members on the importance of being engaged in our Economic Development process for Gwinnett County
- Minimum 3+ years (outside/inside) sales experience
- BA or BS Degree
- Excellent organization skills
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet or exceed established sales quotas
- Self starter capable of taking initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experienced and knowledge with CRM system
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends (special events)
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applications, not all applicants will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.