Position Title: Membership Services Coordinator
Reports To: Sr. Director, Membership Services
Employment Status: Full-Time
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree ( or equivalent work experience)
Salary: Based on qualifications
The Membership Services Coordinator requires the ability to fully coordinate, plan, execute and grow assigned Chamber member events/programs such as Business After Hours, Gwinnettworking (weekly lead generating program), Member Orientation, Chamber Ambassador Program, and any additional programs as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS;
- be able to anticipate event project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional flexible hours,
- demonstrate strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills,
- have excellent written and oral presentation skills,
- work in a collaborative and professional manner,
- think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment, and be able to work quickly and efficiently in a changing environment,
- manage detailed record keeping requiring extensive computer knowledge and office skills, including proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, calendar and email, MS Word, and MS Excel, and the ability to learn the membership database and task management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate and execute member programs such as Business After Hours, Gwinnettworking (weekly lead generating program), Member Orientation, and any programs as assigned.
- Lead and grow the chamber Ambassador program by way of recruitment and two-way communication
- Procure and coordinate Ambassador volunteers to help plan and staff Chamber sponsored events and activities.
- Work with other team members to ensure all events portray the Chamber’s brand and are member-centric.
- Manage event registration and communications with sponsors and/or speakers; on-site event execution and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with Marketing & Communications team regarding proper communications to promote the events.
- Proper use of social media (Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest) to promote the Chamber’s events.
- Update event content on the Chamber’s website.
- Manage on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Close out and document all events as required.
- Create and/or update timelines and check lists for each event.
- Develop, maintain and communicate in a timely fashion a calendar of Chamber events and activities for Chamber members and internal staff.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources in order to propose creative new ideas to help staff make informative decisions about event possibilities.
- Serves as back-up for reception area, as needed, including direct phone support
- Procurement of event sponsorship dollars including planning for the strategy behind who to ask and who should make the ask.
- Preparation of periodic financial/logistical progress reports for each event.
- Work collaboratively to track all event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Review for accuracy all program related invoices, contracts and documents.
- All other duties as assigned by the Sr. Vice President of Membership Services and Sr. Director of Membership Services
- Event planning, program management, customer/member service and/or sales experience
- Prefer BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience
Qualified applicants should submit resume with SALARY requirements to mailto:email@example.com Due to the high volume of interest, we are unable to contact all applicants. NO phone calls, please .
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug-Free Workplace and an E-Verify participant.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce offers a generous benefits package that is available on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment and a company matched 401K plan after 6 months of employment. This is in addition to our paid holidays and generous Paid Time Off.