Welcome to Gwinnett County. A Place to Call Home.
Where a mixture of quiet postcard towns and bustling commercial districts blends the past with the present. Where progress and quality of life join hands so that everyone enjoys the small town ambience with all the amenities of the big city. Where businesses and residents alike enjoy safe neighborhoods, good schools, modern infrastructure, and a thriving economy. Gwinnett County remains one of the most dynamic regions in the South to live and work.
Gwinnett At a Glance
- Located 30 miles northeast of Atlanta
- County seat located in Lawrenceville
- Current population is 757,000 with 1.2 million projected by the year 2025.
- Managed by County Administrator who oversees day-to-day operations
- Encompasses 437 square miles
- Governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners: one full-time county-elected chairman and four part-time district-elected commissioners