Button Down Dash Overview:
The Button Down Dash was created in an effort to help drive the greater Gwinnett County area toward becoming the healthiest community in the state of Georgia while providing an opportunity to give back through fundraising and donations. Proceeds from this year’s race will benefit Rotary Clubs of Gwinnett, the recipient of the Chamber’s D. Scott Hudgens Humanitarian Award at the 2017 Annual Dinner. The race will take place Saturday, August 5 at the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, where it will start and end.
The Button Down Dash intern will support the Gwinnett Chamber race director in organizing event logistics and team registration; coordinating volunteers, event logistics, mailings, data entry and marketing. Interns become part of the very fabric of the Button Down Dash and play a critical role in the success of the race. We believe interns should be actively incorporated into the work environment, and be provided with meaningful work while being uniquely developed and strengthened in order to successfully launch into the work world beyond the Button Down Dash. The duration of the employment will be June 1 to August 11, 2017.
- Manage race registrations.
- Assist in all event logistics as they apply, including pre-and post-planning, onsite management, volunteer coordination, and participant registration and follow up.
- Help recruit past team captains and assist with the development of new team captains.
- Help recruit volunteer base and ensure volunteer placement in all event areas.
- Assist in the coordination of all event supplies (ability to lift 30 lbs.) and materials as needed to ensure a successful event.
- Onsite logistics as needed for special events – assist in ensuring assigned event logistics are flowing and help troubleshoot issues day of event.
- Respond to telephone calls and general emails from the public.
- Maintain inventory and assist in creating and maintaining lists for event supplies.
- Photocopying, filing and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 18 years or older.
- Minimum of one year of work, volunteer or educational experience in relation to office administration, event coordination or customer service skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills and event coordination required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously.
- Accurate, detail-oriented and responsible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Interns must be prepared to perform physical labor, be able to lift 30 pounds, and work outside regardless of weather conditions.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
Additional position information:
- Position reports directly to the Button Down Dash race director.
- This position is part-time, seasonal and flexible at approximately 20-30 hours per week (more hours leading up to the race) There is some flexibility with regard to hours worked but a set schedule of hours is requested.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required for meetings and events.
- There is an expectation to attend race meetings as needed.
- The position is open until filled. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis as resumes are received. Please send a letter of interest and resume ASAP to be considered to: Rhea Frendt at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Employment is contingent on successful completion of background and drug screen. The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify participant.