Is your company a member of the Gwinnett Chamber? Is your company planning a grand opening, ribbon cutting, groundbreaking or other event? Are you aware that the Chamber can help with some of the cumbersome details?
As supporters of a pro-business environment, we are pleased to see thriving commerce in Gwinnett County. As with any large event, hours of planning and coordination are involved. We would like to help make this moment special and successful for you and your business.
Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Openings – What’s Provided
- Ribbon Cutting Assistance is provided for members of the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
- Two weeks notice is required for adequate time to schedule members, ambassadors, and a Chamber staff member to attend the event.
- Completion of the online Special Events Assistance Request Form is required to schedule an event (link below).
- Once your event date is confirmed by the Chamber, your event will be posted on the Gwinnett Chamber Calendar of Events, viewable by members and non-members.
- Several Ambassadors and a representative(s) from the Chamber staff will attend the event, Monday through Thursday, generally between 9am and 4pm. On Friday, the best time to have the largest attendance is 2:00 PM.
- The Chamber will provide large ceremonial scissors and ribbon for the ribbon cutting.
- A Chamber representative will take several digital photos at the ribbon cutting and e-mail those photos to the company contact.
- Your Chamber Sales Rep or Ambassador will make a short speech (upon request) welcoming your company to the community.
Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Openings – What’s Not Provided
- The Chamber does not guarantee attendance of anyone other than an assigned Sales Rep at the event.
- Press release, guest list, invitations, attendance, refreshments and advertisement for the event are the responsibility of the event sponsor. The Chamber does not provide these items.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce also seeks to promote your business through personal and on-site assistance with your new opening. Complete the Special Events Assistance Request Form below to begin the process.
Donna McBee will be your contact and will follow up with you after receiving your request form to schedule your upcoming event!
We respectfully request a minimum of 21 days prior to your event to schedule proper resources. Weekend (Friday 5pm – Sunday pm) requests are not supported by Chamber participation.