The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce located in Duluth, GA is seeking intern candidates for 2020-2021. Candidates are required to be currently enrolled in college pursuing a degree with a major in accounting, finance, or related field. Preference for candidate to be enrolled in senior year of college.
• Assists in preparation of internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Answers accounting questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Upperclassman pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• General math knowledge and PC literacy including Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
• An analytical mind with good organizational skills and establishing a practice for accuracy
• Candidate must be willing to work up to 15 hours per week
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check. Qualified candidates interested in applying for this position should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.