About the Gwinnett Chamber:
With nearly 2,200-member organizations, the Gwinnett Chamber serves as the collective voice of business. Success does not happen by accident. What we do makes a difference for the greater good of the community. Would you like to be a part of this circle of influence?
About the position:
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, one of the largest suburban chambers of commerce in the United States is seeking a skilled, innovative, and intellectually curious candidate to serve as AV/Video Production Coordinator to work with the Branding & Communications department to produce audio-visual applications for live, online, and hybrid events for the Gwinnett Chamber and its public/private economic and community development initiative, Partnership Gwinnett. This position shall also collaborate with Chamber staff, Chamber members, and Partnership Gwinnett investors to record and produce promotional videos, video news releases, and educational videos. In addition to these responsibilities, the position shall also assist the branding team with web server management, graphic production, web and social media technical content production, and photography.
- Primary audiovisual technical services for in-house events and selected member events.
- Recommend software and accessories required for AV production.
- Perform cable connections and wirings accurately to ensure safety.
- Provide excellent services and ensure stakeholder/customer satisfaction.
- Act as production coordinator and maintain communications with vendors, production crews and staff.
- Lead in video editing including encoding, file formatting, and media output.
- Maintain an easily accessible library of AV elements.
- Management of digital assets—including large images, graphics and document files.
- Acquire necessary permissions and rights required for AV productions.
- Assist in developing production budgets.
- Monitor and control expenses within allotted budget.
- Train stakeholders on proper usage and care of audio video equipment.
- Maintain brand integrity for the Gwinnett Chamber and Partnership Gwinnett.
- Provide support in the maintenance, care and/or storage of production equipment, lighting instruments, computer systems, and associated tools to ensure they are in a state of readiness for effective use.
- Ensure AV facilities and equipment provided by the Gwinnett Chamber for use by stakeholders are in excellent condition.
- Assist VP, Branding & Communications with basic IT staff support.
- Accept miscellaneous assignments as agreed upon with supervisor.
Characteristics that will make you excel in this position:
- A relentless desire to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- A passion for story telling through audio and video applications.
- A sharp attention to detail and pursuit of excellence.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs (Adobe Creative Cloud, iOS, Windows OS, WordPress, FTP Clients, Microsoft Office 365, and membership database).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaborative environments.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Eagerness to support marketing activities.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills—occasionally in a pressure situation.
- Demonstrated competency in working with video production and professional photography equipment and lighting.
- Ability to create, produce, and edit high quality video footage and photos.
- Able to demonstrate theory and techniques of modern photography and videography.
- Awareness of copyright and privacy laws.
- Flexibility and willingness to help with non-job-related tasks that might arise within the organization.
- Physical ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week involving occasional moving of furniture and equipment.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours weekly at desk locations, computer terminal locations, or remotely.
- Physical ability to lift, carry and load equipment and supplies weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical certificate from an accredited institution.
- A portfolio of recent work demonstrating technical expertise in video production.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Qualified applications should submit a comprehensive resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.