Position Reports to: VP, Marketing & Communications, Gwinnett Chamber
Job Description To assist the Vice President of Marketing & Communications with social media strategies, email communications, website updates and enhancements and bring new digital marketing ideas to the table for consideration as would be relevant to the Chamber’s goals and mission for communication.
- Assist in the development and execution of digital marketing strategies that communicate the Chamber’s value to its investors and key stakeholders
- Manage the Chamber’s social media channels including LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Draft and create original content for social media and the website
- Coordinate with Branding team members for graphic design needs
- Write, produce, and distribute daily / weekly / monthly organizational email communication to members
- Manage the Chamber’s event communications program and provide additional support to the Chamber’s event marketing team as needed
- Draft monthly media and digital reports that measure activity progress
- Assist with press conferences, interviews, and photo sessions as needed
- Assists with other projects and duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Solid copywriting and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet assigned deadlines
- Basic understanding of communications, marketing, digital media, and/or public relations industries
- Must be organized and collaborative, able to work well with others
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Asana, Teams, etc.)
- Must have high integrity and maintain confidentiality
- Salary range is set at $45,000 – $50,000 annually
- Benefits include 401(k) program; Major health/dental/vision, life insurance, and short & long-term disability insurance programs; Flex PTO for vacation and sick leave
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.