About the Gwinnett Chamber:
With nearly 2,200-member organizations, the Gwinnett Chamber serves as the collective voice of business. Success does not happen by accident. What we do makes a difference for the greater good of the community. Would you like to be a part of this circle of influence?
About the position:
We are passionate about putting our members and guests first. In this position, you will take ownership and pride in creating stellar first impressions. You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and are responsible for the first impression we will make. In this position, you are expected to provide exceptional customer service to our external guests and internal staff who resource the front desk to schedule conference rooms, retrieve delivered packages/mail, etc. This integral role will also manage some operations and serve as support staff across departments.
The ideal candidate:
We are seeking an articulate, highly skilled receptionist, who is a motivated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects with a smile. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Greet and direct guests
- Answer incoming phone calls, take messages, transfer calls
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Respond to inquiries, providing excellent customer service
- Communicate with other departments to fulfill guests’ needs
- Maintain various office files and providing general office filing support
- Assist other administrative staff with support overflow work, including updating membership database needs (Atlas)
- Schedule/maintain door security
- Ideally, you are someone who enjoys being harmonious and engaged with our guests
- All other duties as assigned
As the First Impressions Concierge, you will be the first to meet our guests, so the first impression of the Gwinnett Chamber and Partnership Gwinnett depends on your friendliness and efficiency. Serving our guests with excellence begins with you. This position will put forth the extra effort to make a good lasting impression. This include but not limited to: Welcoming customers upon entrance and confirming appointments; offering hot or cold beverages; answering all calls in a professional but warm and inviting manner, ensuring that all messages are relayed promptly to the intended person; acting as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information; understanding customers’ needs and provide them with appropriate solutions. Vibrantly Connected, Gwinnett County is the most international community in the Southeast. Being bilingual in Spanish, or other languages, would be a great asset to our team. The goal is to contribute to an overall pleasant customer experience to increase our reputation and ensure sustainable growth.
Operations & Ordering.
This role will be responsible for ordering supplies, managing our recycle program, monitoring on-site vendors, maintaining printers, mailing system, coffee machine and document feeder. Additionally, this position will facilitate conference room coordination.
Keeping It Clean.
This role will share responsibility for maintaining a clean and tidy environment in all common areas.
This role may be assigned certain data entry tasks within our membership database (Atlas) and other applications.
We are an all-hands-on-deck environment. This role will also be responsible for providing support across a variety of departments.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Proven experience in a customer service role is also required, having demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent communication and problem solving with attention to detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Proficiency in computer skills to include the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and the ability to learn new applications
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a customer-focused orientation
- Proficiency in English, multilingual is strongly preferred
- Be able to lift at least 25 pounds
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.