Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) Intern Job Summary
Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) is seeking an individual who seeks to learn about strategic program development and execution. In this position, you can expect to learn the ins-and-outs of the Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, specifically the Gwinnett Young Professionals (GYP) initiative. You will be mentored by the GYP Program Manager with a focus on the organization and execution of GYP programs and events as well as the coordination and communication with GYP board members and participants. You will focus on learning the importance of leadership development and talent retention and how GYP impacts our community. The ideal candidate will gain experience in project and event management, public relations, and event logistics. Lastly, you will learn how to cultivate a brand and market effectively to a distinct demographic.
As a GYP Program Intern, you will be asked to complete small, discrete projects that will teach you how to:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with volunteers, members, investors, and sponsors
- Develop process maps and project plans for the high volume of Gwinnett Young Professionals programs and events
- Ensure proper marketing of events and programs to achieve the program goals, including:
- Updating and posting supervised social media and website content; respond to web correspondence and social media posts
- Assisting in the creation of signage, circulars, mockups and email campaigns
- Execute event/meeting logistics which may include catering coordination, food and drink presentation and set-up/break down, organize, and maintain conference rooms, training rooms and/or event spaces.
- Organize, analyze, and interpret data using Excel
- Manage and meet overall program budget goal and prepare periodic financial progress reports for individual events
- Assist in preparing information and research materials; create and maintain PowerPoint presentations
- Research and gather information on trends in the young professional community, including monitoring social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Manage Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) databases and input information, data, and records with the goal of organizing and maintaining GYP participant information
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong working knowledge of social media
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Must be 18 years of age
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful sales and marketing professionals in an organization that champions business
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings while practicing appropriate health and safety protocols
- Flexible schedule for students
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.