The mission of the Gwinnett Chamber is to strengthen existing businesses, facilitate the growth of quality job opportunities, and enrich the community’s quality of life. Our Membership Development Managers are the face of the Gwinnett Chamber and work with businesses in metro Atlanta to help them grow their network by getting them engaged as members. The compensation offers a draw/commission structure along with a competitive benefit package.
The Membership Development Manager is responsible for growing the Gwinnett Chamber’s membership base through recruitment of new companies by building relationships and identifying new members. The Membership Development Manager role is a highly visible role within the community requires speaking in front of large groups of members and prospects.
- Recruit new members through strategic sourcing such as:
- Cold calling
- Weblink (proprietary Gwinnett Chamber database)
- Account management
- Social networking
- Chamber assisted leads
- Ability to multitask
- Cultivate current members to strengthen their position within the Gwinnett Chamber
- Connect and build rapport with decision makers to make high-volume sales calls
- Skilled in listening, questioning and solution-based selling
- Preparation of weekly reporting
- Identify and sell sponsorships to current members who are interested in further exposure of their company within the community
- Assist in the process of ribbon cuttings and ground breakings for members
- Create innovative strategies to develop new program offerings for members
- Welcome and assimilate new members
- Participate in monthly Business After Hours and other networking programs
- Attend Chamber events (before and after working hours required)
- Minimum 3+ years (outside/inside) sales experience
- BA or BS Degree
- Excellent organization skills
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet or exceed established sales quotas
- Self starter capable of taking initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experienced and knowledge with CRM system
- Willing to work flexible hours
Local candidates only. No relocation package available.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Due to the high number of applicants not everyone will be contacted.
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a Drug Free Workplace and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.