This position will serve as the lead coordinator of activities that support local employer’s workforce needs and advances solutions to those challenges. This person will work with the Partnership Gwinnett business development team and will be responsible for providing support to recruitment and retention projects by leveraging programs that link Gwinnett County businesses with the workforce system resources available to them from local, State and Federal partners.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Promote workforce development programs and resources through individual and small group meetings and presentations
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of, and relationship with, Gwinnett and Metro Atlanta workforce intermediaries, partnerships, taskforces and committees such as:
- Gwinnett Technical College – Economic Development
- Georgia Gwinnett College – Corporate Relations
- WorkSource Atlanta Regional (Workforce Development Board) – Business Services
- Georgia Department of Labor – Business Services
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce Workforce Council
- Improve business and workforce system communication to focus local talent acquisition, training and development practices
- Creation, cultivation and stewardship of target sector-specific workforce taskforce or councils
- Conduct basic workforce-related qualitative and quantitative research
- Identify, engage and enlist the support of other organizations engaged in workforce development programming to integrate them into Gwinnett’s workforce ecosystem
- Update and track appropriate benchmarks and key performance indicators to ensure that goals and objectives are met
- Collaborate with colleagues and peers on marketing communication strategy, content and execution in support of promoting workforce initiatives
- Provide assistance with special projects as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional writing, grammar and oral communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of positively dealing with changing work demands
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales, marketing and communication strategies and tactics
- Strong software and productivity application skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint,
- Familiarity and comfort with Customer Relationship Management and Membership Management systems
- Basic marketing research abilities
- Above average experience with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
Bachelor degree with major coursework in any unique combination of marketing, business administration, human resources, communication, economics or related fields.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com NO PHONE CALLS, please. Due to the high level of interest in this position, not all applicants will be contacted.
The Gwinnett Chamber and Partnership Gwinnett are Drug Free Workplace, and Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.